Saturday, March 19, 2011

Craigslist - The Big Tease

Recently,  I have seen on blogs where people have had great success finding Pyrex on Craigslist. So not wanting to miss out I tried it too. The first attempt was successful. I found a yard sale that advertised a lot of Pyrex. I found a Golden Acorn casserole dish with lid and a primary red fridgie with lid (not in the best condition but for a dollar who could complain). I paid my $8 and left happy as a lark.

Fast forward to last night. I thought I would peruse the pages of Craigslist again to see if there were anymore treasures out there for me. I got very excited when I came across these:

A complete set of Pyrex Square Flowers cinderella mixing bowls. I thought I had died and went to Heaven And the best part... only $5 for the set!!!! What!!!!!!!! 

I was so excited that I wanted to call right away. Who wouldn't right? Well my husband AKA Mr. Killjoy pointed out that it wasn't our local Craigslist that I was looking at, it was the  Santa Barbara Craigslist. Santa Barbara is 2 hours away from where we live! " (  How could Craig and his list be so mean?

This just means that there is something great and wonderful waiting at the local thrift for me. So take that Craig!!!

Happy Thrifting Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe its that cheap up in Santa Barbara! I live in Ventura, 45 min from SB. Still too far for Pyrex. Factor in the gas money and it gets a lot more expensive! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I would have done the same thing...and I have my very OWN Mr. Killjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete