Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thrifting Thursday

On Thursday, I decided that I had a few minutes before I had to be at work so I stopped at the Salvation Army. I was seriously hoping that my thrifting experience would be better than the day before when I had stopped at St. Vincent DePaul's. Thank Heavens that the SA didn't dissappoint.

First, it was the second Thursday of the month which meant that all bric -n- brac was 50 percent off. Sweet!!!  Secondly, I found some really cool finds. I, of course,  looked for any Pyrex first. I found some.

Here it is. Isn't it cute? I paid a whole whopping $2.64. Hee hee!!!

I also found a cute little cheese platter.


My mom has this same exact plate and when I saw it, I knew I had to have one too.


I am not a big fan of rodents but for this little guy I can make an exception.
Cost: $2.64


I found this little sparkly purse. It was only .75 cents. I might use it on our cruise in March.
These two signs are going to fit in fine with all my French stuff (Eiffel Towers, French signs, French advertising posters). Their colors are perfect for my dining room. Another bargain at $1.80 each.

I have two more thrifting adventures to share so stay tuned.....

1 comment:

  1. I love that cheese platter! So cute!

    andyquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete